Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Time to get back in shape. Time for DailyBurn!

After just recently skimming past life's 1/4-mark and now at the not so tender age of 26, I've forced myself to come to terms that I no longer have the body or rather metabolism of an 18 year old. Yes, the mid to late 20's certainly don't feel like 30 but I guess this is life's way of prepping you for the journey onward. Oh how I'm going to miss couch potato days of pure gluttony and bliss. I guess from time to time I'll be able to sit back and reminisce of scarfing down almost a whole pizza or going on a Ruffles binge. Then I'll look into the mirror and snap myself back into reality- Susy you're not a teenager anymore!

Before you get the assumption I'm just an all out mass food gorger, I just happen to be a food enthusiast. Throughout most of my life it's been rather easy to maintain a slim, petite figure. For the most part I've always managed to stay physically active to support my crazy eating habits. However, as life goes on and I get older, some things decide to slow down all on their own.

Work + School + Social Events + Just Life In General = Busy Susy = Slower Metabolism and Less Time to Workout

I find myself having to plan out and purposely structure my day and my diet just so I can get myself a little closer to how my body used to be. I figure if I can maintain a somewhat proper diet and exercise regime than I can hopefully prolong that post 30's slope. Lord knows I've tried several programs, pills and what not just get back to my fantasy weight and it just seems like I've completely plateaued even though my visible body may have changed.

So, a friend of mine introduced me to yet another site dedicated to those interested in getting into shape and I figured, once again, why not?! It's called the Daily Burn for others desperate to get back in shape and want something new to try.

I set up a profile today, set my goals, meals and picked my workouts. My friend says I should results within 60 days. I'm crossing my fingers and getting ready to kick my ass in the gym.

If you like, feel free to check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment