Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In a Moment

Somewhere along the way
I seemed to realize
Somehow I lost my faith

It's like I looked up
And it all was gone
Just like that
In a moment

It became an overwhelming emptiness
A sophicating void
Once again, I was lost

Nothing to hold
Nothing to cling to

The world I built
Its comfort
Its love
Its tenderness
Its security

All too sudden
Was non-existent

I am alone
Not a familiar face in sight

Just a lie
Just betrayal
Numb

How can this be?

A thousand shattered pieces
And no glue

I sit dazed
Anticipating the comfort of denial
Not even that is present

What I would give right now
For some peace
To breathe
For an explanation
Something to guide me

An ounce of familiarity
My sanity

No
There's nothing
It's gone

Lost
Just like that
In a moment

No comments:

Post a Comment